Last week, while I was painting Noelle's room she would take a nap in my bed so I could be painting in her room. One afternoon I went to wake her up from her nap and noticed a stain on my comforter that looked suspiciously like a highlighter. I looked over at my nightstand where I usually keep 2-3 books that I'm currently reading and sure enough, there was a highlighter.
I asked Noelle if she had used the highlighter, to which she so-vaguely said "Maybe." I picked up the book on top of my stack to see if there was any highlighting...oh yes. About 25 pages of the book are very neatly highlighted. She did a pretty good job following the lines, but since she can't read, the highlighting starts in the middle of one sentence and stops halfway into another.
What makes this story funny is the book she chose to highlight...a parenting book, The Heart of Anger by Lou Priolo. Although she did not highlight out of anger I have to chuckle that one of my parenting books now has a reminder of how much training a child needs from a parent-- a LOT.
7 comments:
Oh Janelle, That is just such a cute story. We have a rule in our house -if Anna wants to color with markers, crayon, pens or pencils, she has to be tied down in the highchair! We have a cousin who ordered a brand new, white couch and within one week it had marker lines on it!
Ha.
We had a very similar situation when Jacob took a nap in my bed one day not too long ago. He "highlighted" my pillow, comforter, and night stand (but left my books alone).
that's a lot of highlighting and an excellent book choice to highlight.
That's great! Evie pooped all over my bed this week, so you got off easy. But yours makes a much better memory :)
kate - i have to laugh. anne sprayed, yes SPRAYED poop all over our bed the first time Matt changed her. i guess we can look forward to the highlighter days. maybe more permanent, but less stinky!
You are blessed it was just the comforter/book. My friend from work just showed me a video where his granddaughter put marker all over the windows, curtains, TV cabinet, kitchen cabinets, kitchen table, kitchen chairs, tools, etc. all while her mom was putting laundry away. I'm not sure if I'm ready for those days.
that is too funny, i can totally see noelle looking at you and saying "maybe"... :)
Post a Comment