September 2, 2008

Raging Sweet Tooth

I had a little down time so I thought I would catch up on email and visit some blogs. Well maybe it's because I had such a light, healthy lunch of salad with black-eyed peas or maybe it's because I have a raging sweet tooth, but everywhere I looked there were delicious desserts.
  • I received an email with a cookie recipe
  • Melissa had blueberry buckle on her blog
  • Paulina had pumpkin pie on hers and
  • Kate had a layered jello dessert
I was left with no option but to make something to satisfy my sweet tooth. So what did I make?
Well here are the ingredients and it's not hard to see that there was nothing redeeming about my recipe...no fruit like Melissa, no squash like Paulina and no water added like Kate. Mine was just sugar and fat mixed with more sugar and fat.
Yum, yum.

3 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Ha ha ha. I love that you find added water as a redeeming ingredient in jello. And you are wrong, my friend. I think that dessert is chock-full of chocolately anti-oxidants. You may get fat, but you won't get cancer :)

And now, I'm off to make an apple crisp with the giant bag of apples my mom gave me.

The Talberts said...

Oh - you're good, Katie. I was getting ready to extol the wonders of chocolate. Only to find that you'd already done it the honors.

Let's certainly not forget the protein in the peanut butter.

Janelle S said...

Thanks girls. Does that mean it's okay that I ate most of it by myself?