I'm the kind of person who has extreme craving for sweets - the richer the better. So once I get an idea in my head I get a little crazy trying to figure out how I can get what I want. (yes, this could be an idol. I'll be posting about that in my next post)
The other day I wanted a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge. There was a little bit of a problem. We didn't have brownies, ice cream or hot fudge.
I figured we could run out after supper to get everything but it would be too late to make the brownies and allow the girls to have some before bedtime. I was distressed and checked our pantry one last time hoping I had overlooked a box of brownies somehow. I decided Brad could go buy the ice cream and hot fudge while I baked the brownies at home and that would allow enough time to indulge before bedtime.
Then I had a revelation...It IS possible to bake brownies without a box! I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of this before (actually it's probably better that I had been limited by my oversight).
Sooo, for the first time that I can remember I made brownies from scratch. It was very easy and I may never need a box again - again this could be dentramental. I was pulling the hot brownies out of the oven when my wonderful husband returned with all the necessary toppings.
Now I'm thinking outside of the box!
3 comments:
mmmmm...
brooowniiieeesss.....
ahem
Suggestion: if you didn't already, try dutch processed cocoa. I'll give you a link so you can read for yourself what it is if you don't already know, but basically it's just a more smooth, mild cocoa. Cocoa can be bitter, but dutch-processed cocoa doesn't have that issue. Not good for everything, but for brownies, delish!!
One little note: It doesn't react with baking soda, so it has to be used it recipes with baking powder or you'll get flat cakes! :o)
http://www.joyofbaking.com/cocoa.html
mmm...i wish we lived closer! i have cravings like that every night!
I'm with Paulina!
Would you guys like to got together and play sometime? I'd like Dora to know Sadie a little.
Post a Comment