When lent rolls around every Spring, I like to discipline myself by giving up something between Ash Wednesday and Easter. Let's face it, I always have several bad habit I should correct so it seems like a good idea to focus on one. I've seemed to hit an all-time low on my eating habits so here's my plan for this lent:
Only 1 dessert a week and no eating while I'm standing up.
I thought about giving up all sweet/desserts for the entire time but I don't think it's safe. I'd like to think I'm mature enough to go without the indulgence of sugar, but Brad was a little scared at the prospect of me going ballistic and rightfully so.
I've heard that it's good to always sit down to eat. It helps you not to snack unnecessarily and it makes you think about what you're eating. I've practiced this discipline 2 days this week and I was amazed how hard it is to do successfully. The first day I almost failed before 8am. I was slicing cheese to put on some scrambled eggs and just about ate a slice of cheese. Then I was slicing up bananas to put in the girls' oatmeal and again just about ate a slice.
Hmmm... maybe that's why I never feel hungry. And to think that some people in the world feel hungry more times then they don't.
If anyone's interested in joining me in my lent plan, let me know. A buddy always makes sacrifice easier. Or if you have a different plan in mind, I'd enjoy spurring one another along.
1 comment:
I'm definitely in. I'm not exactly sure if I'll give all sugar up, or do something similar to what you're doing, but I'll let you know. I've been anxiously awaiting this post so I could jump on board.
Post a Comment