My sister-in-law, Elizabeth, does not have any royal blood (that I know of), but she certainly earned the title Elizabeth-the-Great this past Saturday. She too ran in the 10k that the Spence men ran. That alone awards her high honors but the part that earns her the esteemed title is that she ran (yes, ran) the 6.2 miles only 3 months after giving birth to their son Noah.
And the final kicker... she successfully trained for this event while taking care of a newborn AND her older son who is a mere 14 months older then this younger brother. I'm just glad I can say I'm related to her!
Here she is (in yellow) on the final stretch, just seconds before she finished strong.
5 comments:
Wow - I don't know whether to love her or hate her :)
Wow, way to make me get all teary first thing in the morning, Janelle! :-) Thanks for the compliments - I have good babies and a great husband who made sure I had time to get back in shape. Oh, yeah, and a great cheering section during the race!!
Janelle, I knew you were the best sis-in-law, but you have promoted yourself to the bestest sis-in-law! Elizabeth is the bomb..did we mention she passed Marlin Beitzel! haha! I praise God for giving me Liz!
That's wonderful! I'm seeing why she is such good friends with Jen. :)
If I had been there, Janelle - I would've been visiting the funnel cake stand with you.
I appreciate this post even more having had a baby! Wow, that is incredible! Ditto Melissa!
Post a Comment