August 28, 2009

Jazzercise

Jazzercise is a new addition to my schedule this year. With Noelle off to Kindergarten, Sadie and I head off to a Jazzercise class 3 mornings a week. I had no idea what I was getting into...I'm sure it's obvious to everyone in my class.

It's a combination of so many things that I'm SO not qualified to do:

Aerobics: let see I took 1 aerobics class for 1 month in college...that would have been 13 years ago. Fortunately I have retained some of the lingo so I sort of have a clue when the instructor shouts that the next move is "grapevine".

Kickboxing: I once owned a video that I tried for about a month when Noelle was a baby...that would have been 5 years ago. Again, it's nice to know what an "uppercut" and a "roundhouse" are for those kickboxing moments in Jazzercise.

Jazz dance: there's just not much to say about this - I've never done it and I have no natural ability to do it. However I burn a lot of calories trying to figure it out!

Pilates: I have no idea what it is, but at least it doesn't make me sweat as much as the other stuff.

If you want a real laugh, check out this link from a 1980's Jazzercise class (No, I DO NOT wear a ridiculous leotard like they do in the video). If you want to join the humbling experince of trying to make it through 1 hour of marching, lunging, punching, grapevining, toning and sweating, come join me!

6 comments:

krissy said...

oh.my. what is she wearing in her hair?

Lee and Candace said...

Okay, so I'm not sure if your post made me want or not want to do Jazzercise:) No, I think I really want to do it. I hope to start maybe this week or next...we'll see how life goes though!

Sally said...

Yay!!! So happy to have you there! :) Candance come and join us! )

Sally said...

oops...I mean Candace! :)

running shoes said...

are you going to Florence Jazzercise?
I really enjoyed it when I visited with Paulina, but the drive is a bummer.

Paulina said...

That is precisely why Jazzercise gets made fun of! It is so great in real life though :) and I am thankful we don't have to wear leotards!!!