1) I just finished a great book that is thought-provoking and very intriguing. Eli by Bill Myers
It's basically about if Christ were born in the 21st century. It's so well done that I didn't find it predictable even though I know the story of Jesus's life on earth. The ending is especially powerful as you witness the huge sacrifice Christ made. Being crucified on a cross sounds awful, but I can't quite grasp the pain and humiliation. In the book, the Messiah's death is disturbing - for the right reasons.
2) My latest station on Pandora is Ralph's World. It's kids music that is fun and catchy so the kids like it and you can easily tolerate it...maybe even like it.
3) If you want to impress your elementary school kids with some juvenile laughs, I remembered a joke I used to tell when I was a kid. Noelle and Sadie think it's cool that I too can tell slightly off-colored jokes.
Parent: There's a dead skunk on the road, I "one it" (think: want it)
Then you tell your child to say "I two it"
Parent: I three it
Child: I four it
Parent: I five it
Child: I six it
Parent: I seven it
Child: I eight it
And then you dissolve into laughter because your child just said "I ate it" - IT being "the dead skunk in the road".
Obviously the dead skunk can be adjusted to whatever you want...a rotten banana on the counter.
Have a fun day!

1 comment:
Ha. Someone taught my kids that joke, but it involved going to the grocery and buying dog food. Someone ends up "eighting" it and everyone gets a good laugh. Or many, many good laughs.
Post a Comment