March 25, 2011

Changing Unloved to Lovely

Our laundry room has generally been unloved.  It's totally utilitarian and not at all attractive or welcoming...until now!
Some new appliances, some fresh paint and some attractive tile make the laundry room a whole lot more lovely.

Here's the Before:
 Contractor grade paint, grubby floor and unimpressive appliances.


We had a leak in this room last summer, and had to remove a section of this wall.  My Handy Honey tried his hand at dry-walling and did a top notch job of putting our wall back together.

And now for the unveiling...
TA DA! My lovely Laundry Room.
I could have staged the picture by removing the laundry waiting to be done or the shirts waiting to be ironed, but this is just the reality of a laundry room.

Another God-blessing was the small amount of money this transformation required.  The paint was left over from a project last year, Brad did the tile and drywall himself and a lot of the supplies were bought by cashing in our Discover Card points for Lowe's gift cards.

5 comments:

Ron and Rachel said...

That looks GREAT Janelle -but now for the real question: Does it make you want to do laundry more often???

Anonymous said...

Nice! The color is so soothing...are you in there all the time now? :)

Janelle S said...

I have to admit, I get a little happy when it's time to do laundry. My appliances make such fun 'beeps' when you turn them on and when you select the settings.
The room is just a whole lot more welcoming and I'm still so impressed with the results so I like going in there.
Now, if I could just find an appliance to fold all the clothes...

Ron and Rachel said...

and put them all away!

Lee and Candace said...

It looks so nice! I'd definitely want to do my laundry in it:)