July 7, 2011

Spence Happenings

Over the 4th of July Brad taught Noelle how to light a match and set off fireworks.  I guess now that she's 7, that's a normal thing.  So on Tuesday I taught Noelle the basics of sewing... a little blowing up...a little homemaking...it's all a balance.

We're making a patchwork 'quilt' (I use that term loosely) for her American Girl Doll (I use that term loosely too)

In other news, Sadie enjoyed one of her favorite pastimes, "Water on the Deck" today.  This includes various size containers, a few kitchen utensils and a hose.  During some point of this playtime the hose nozzle usually gets wedged between the frame and webbing of a patio chair so that the water can sprinkle down like a shower.  At one point Sadie came inside to "get something".  When she reappeared she was holding a bath scrubbie (that ball of webbing used to scrub yourself with body wash).  She said she was going to wash herself out on the deck.

I thought that was taking "water on the deck" a little too far so I asked her to put it back.  In the time it took her to return the said scrubbie I reevaluation my decision.  1)She's already wet 2) today is bath day and 3)there's an equivalent to a toddler shower spraying on our deck right now...maybe her idea isn't so bad.   So when she returned I sent her back to the bathroom to get the shampoo. 



Don't drive by our house too slow, you might see all 4 of us out there one day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! (I was going to write 'ha!', but I didn't want Brad to make fun of me. :)). On days that I let the kids put soap in the kiddie pool, we skip baths, too.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...I TOTALLY count playing in the pool as a partial bath. I figure it gets off the sweat even if there isn't any soap, right?

And I'm sure you've heard about this...but Noah and Brad are going to have a great time at the lake with the fireworks that we saved from the 4th. That child is a fireworks maniac!! We were over at Ken and Rosemary's until about 10pm on Monday and Noah was completely wired and enthusiastic about the fireworks the whole time.