I love it when kids are learning new words and they get them all mixed up. The other day Sadie came to me and said "Mommy, I am being very narrow." I wasn't sure what she was talking about, but usually I don't associate 'Sadie' with 'narrow'.
Later on she surprised me by cleaning up her room very well without being asked. After showing me her fine job she asked "Mommy, aren't I being narrow?" After probing a little bit I realized what she meant to say was "Aren't I being thorough?"
Sadie is super-duper, over-the-top excited about starting preschool next week. On Monday we went to see her classroom and meet her teacher. It all looks wonderful and very fun. When we looked at all the name tags we were surprised to see another Sadie in the class. (so much for trying to pick uncommon names). The other Sadie was there meeting the teacher too, so we met her and the 2 Sadie's played together for a little while. Now Sadie is even MORE excited about preschool because she has a friend...but she keeps forgetting her name. Seriously. She keeps calling her Grace. She'll have to get more 'narrow' about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment