February 29, 2008

Noelle loves wrinkles

Noelle loves wrinkles - sheet wrinkles that is. As Noelle is falling asleep, she likes to rub a wrinkle from the fitted sheet in between her thumb and forefinger. I've known she does this for a long time but it always makes me laugh to find out how important they are too her.

She usually gets upset when I put fresh sheets on the bed because I pull the fitted sheet on tight which eliminates the wrinkles. Noelle usually request that I "put the wrinkles back in".

When we are in VA and someone asks her how she slept, she always answers regarding the wrinkles. "I slept good, there were lots of wrinkles."

Recently we read a book about camping and I asked her if she would like to sleep in a sleeping bag. She thought it sounded fun but then she asked very seriously "Do sleeping bags have wrinkles?"

I'm currently in the process of painting Noelle's room so we needed her to sleep in the living room. I asked her if she wanted to sleep on the couch or if I should move the cushions to the floor and make a little bed for her. Her only question was "will there be wrinkles on the couch?"

It was especially cute several months ago when she couldn't pronounce her r's yet and she would talk about the 'winkles' in her bed.

3 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

that is adorable! i wonder how her husband will feel about it someday? :) ha!

Kentucky Kate said...

How funny! I wonder how you develop a habit like that.

running shoes said...

maybe her husband will be from FL or a swimmer.
You sure have cute kiddos, Spences