This morning I had a stroke on genius--actually I'm quite sure it was an extra dose of grace because I had prayed for help in parenting during my morning quite time. Our house never seems to be in order and having Noelle help tidy up is a necessary, but exhausting, process. This morning I decided to come at our dilemna in a new way.
I started at breakfast by telling Noelle we were going to play a new game after breakfast. She wanted to know all about it. I told her it was call "What Doesn't Belong?" and you play it by looking at a section of the room and figure out what doesn't belong and put it where it does belong. Looking at the dining room table I was able to give ample examples. There was a calculator, my bible and some extra pencils and all of these things have a better place to be.
I went on to explain that every time one of us put something that "didn't belong" where it does belong, we would get a point. I made up a score sheet that we could tally our points on. Noelle was thrilled...she raced around the house screaming "I found something that doesn't belong." At one point we were both at her little table which is cluttered with 'artwork' and church worksheets. I told her she'd get 2 points for every paper she threw away....another victory!
She managed to win 30 to 16 (I may have missed a few tallies), however I didn't feel like too big of a loser:)
3 comments:
you have such a creative brain!
What a great idea! I'll have to remember that one.
Yes, I agree to both comments!!!
Post a Comment