At the beginning of September I began exercising. I'm not extreme - I only walk. I try to walk at least 3 miles, 3 days a week. When I started, I knew that adding an activity would mean another activity would suffer. It looks like blogging was at the bottom of the priority list. One of the high points is that walking has increased my ipod time. Now I can listen to all the podcasts that have been piling up on my ipod and learn while I'm walking. I guess it's a good trade: less blogging, more ipod-ing.
6 comments:
Janelle, I have been wanting to do this too but what do you do with Sadie? Ron's hours are so long that I can't rely on him to watch Anna on a regular enought basis for me to walk -unless I do it in the dark :) Do you take Sadie with you??
I walk 3 times a week too...probably about 2 miles. I love being out in the fresh air. I try to do it in the morning when it is cooler and I feel like it gives me a good start to my day! I hope you continue to enjoy it! Hmm?? Maybe I'll have to steal Lee's i-pod!:)
I have missed your blog! But I'm glad you're doing something just as great (maybe better!)
Interesting. I've been wanting to ramp up my exercise too. When do you do it? Taking the girls with me is just enough to make me not want to do it, but I can't seem to find enough daylight to do it otherwise. Eric and I have been talking about getting a fold-up elliptical machine for me off Craigslist or something so I can get some exercise in when the girls are napping.
This would be one of the few reasons I would be willing to give up my "blog fix". I look forward to joining you on my next visit.
Grandma
To answer the 'kid' questions: Brad's schedule has been really good this month so that I can go after supper and he stays with the girls. After we eat supper I head out to our closest park (2 miles away). Sometimes Brad comes with the girls, but he's in charge of them, not me.
It's starting to get dark earlier, so this may have to change. I really don't like exercising in the middle of the day since that requires more time out of the of the day for a shower and make-up. And besides, Brad's not home in the middle of the day usually.
Having 2 young kids definitely makes it harder to do. Noelle's getting to the point that she can ride her bike at my pace and I could push Sadie in the stroller if I had to. But that wasn't possible until recently - and it won't be possible when it gets too cold for them.
Post a Comment