October 17, 2008

Christmas Card Beginnings

It's started...the quest to get a family picture to put on our Christmas card. I'm sure the larger your family is, the less likely you will ever be satisfied with family pictures. Ever year I try - umpteen times- to get a picture in which we all look fabulous...I can't imagine why it's so hard!
Our family just returned from a relaxing visit to Hocking Hills State Park in OH. I'll blog more about the visit later, but here is our first attempt at a Christmas card picture.

Not bad...but not perfect. Who knows, this might be what shows up in your mailbox in 2 months.
Shortly after we got home Noelle got out some art supplies, including google eyes and small pom-poms. She made a nice family picture which got me to thinking...why try coaxing smiles and good positioning when we can use this:

2 comments:

The Talberts said...

I love it! The top one, that is. Well .. I love Noelle's picture, too. But you know .. I do think you look better without a red nose, Janelle.

My main problem with family pictures is myself. We've gotten past trying to get a good shot of all of us. Now we just try to keep the kids still long enough to get a photo of all of them that isn't blurry. Things like clothes, smiles, and eyes all looking in the same direction are totally unnecessary.

Glad you guys had a good time in Hocking Hills. I look forward to reading more about your trip.

krissy said...

I like that picture a lot!
If you haven't tried picnik.com it's great for correcting things like off center pictures or small blemishes. It's free and easy.
I love Noelle's picture too. :-)