Happy Spring!
I don't think I've longed for Spring as much in past years as I have this year. I've been anxious to get outdoors again. So in celebration of the first day of Spring I made special pancakes - pink and green flowers. Yes, they could have been mistaken for turtles, but they were intended to be flowers. They are whole wheat and they have chocolate chips in them in case you're still confused about their appearance.
In other news:
Noelle and Sadie were on the deck when Noelle came running in yelling "bug, bug, bug." This usually means the bug is of the stinging variety. I bravely stepped outside, armed with a fly swatter to save my daughters certain peril. Fortunately 2 of the wasp/hornet things were lazily hanging out on the flat surface of the deck and I was able to beat them to death with my fly swatter - I like to make sure they're dead, dead.
Sadie looks at me and asks "Spanking?"

2 comments:
Your flowers are much more appealing than the pancake groundhogs I made for the boys on Feb. 2. The coconut "fur" gave them a strange appearance, but they thought they were cool.
"Spankings"?! What's going on out there? Toddler Wise to the extreme.
I saw JP spank his dinosaur after it dug in my flower bed.
Also, how's the lent fasting? I never told you we gave up TV, execpt for Saturdays. :-) I'm thinking of going all the way though. Every Saturday when the rest of us want to do things as a family JP is obsessed only with what cartoon he will watch!
Post a Comment