Noelle has a very vivid imagination. She's had 2 imaginary friends for almost 2 years, T and Michael. They are based on 2 teenage boys from our church. I'm so used to her talking and playing with T and Michael that I don't think much of it anymore.
Now that we've been reading chapter books she has even more imaginary friends - Henry, Jessie, Violet and Benny from The Boxcar Children, and all the girls from The American Girl Series.
Just yesterday Noelle came running over to me and said "Mom, can I go to the movies with Molly? Please!?" Since she has never been to the movies and I don't think she has any idea what that means, I had to think for a moment about her request. It dawned on me that Molly is Molly MacIntire from the American Girls and she wanted to pretend to go to the movies with her.
I asked all the right questions - What movie will you be seeing? and When will you be home?. Since she had good answers I decided it was okay for her to go with her imaginary friend.
Today she asked if she could ride her bike to Molly's house. I decided that was okay too.
Then she wanted to know if she could go with the hospital with Kit (another American Girl) since Kit got hurt. I wasn't sure if the hospital was a safe place for 2 young girls so I told her so. She said T would be going with them to watch out for them. Oh, good, I felt better about that:)
I like this imagination stuff!
2 comments:
Sounds a lot like the people that are in charge of our nation's economic solutions. Let's send Noelle to D.C.. I'm sure she'll have a better solution of can imagine one.
Payton and Kalysta both want to go to Kit's house and type on her typewriter; and play with Molly's dogs, and meet Ruthie Smithens!!!
Post a Comment