May 12, 2009

Why?

I thought kids didn't start the never-ending "Why?" question until they were 3. Someone forgot to tell Sadie the rules and she's started 8 months early.
Why?
I don't know.
Why?
I just don't know.




Here's a conversation I had with Noelle on the way to preschool this morning:
Me: It's a nice day, maybe you'll get to play on the playground today.
N: Maybe but the swings are always "A limits".
Me: The swings are what?
N: A limits. We're not allowed to go on them because of the puddles.
Me: Ohhh, they're off limits?
N: Yes, off limits. Maybe today they'll be "on limits".

I had to agree...if something can be "off limits" it only makes sense that at some point they will be "on limits".

2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Ugh, the "why" and "what is it for" and "what does that mean" and... Sometimes I tell Grace, "Mommy just needs you to be quiet for a minute!"

The Talberts said...

yeah, cathryn - me too. when i think that i just cannot answer one more question, i load everyone in the van and tell them - no talking. no questions. we're just going to relax, listen to the music and take a drive. also .. mama gets to pick the music. no singing vegetables during these particular drives.