July 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It's been just over a week since we returned from vacation and I have to say...I like home. Vacation is always a wonderful break and I think getting away helps me appreciate the routine that I sometimes mistaken for 'mundane' here at home. It always feels so good to get back to normal.

One big highlight to our return was our new built-in cabinets that our dear friend, Ben, built and installed for us during my time away.

This is in the girls' room.
It's built into an unusual space that I could never seem to utilize to it potential. But now...step aside and watch me 'utilize'! Isn't it beautiful!?! Well, I have to paint it and then it will be beautiful to everyone. I think it's perfectly wonderful even without the paint.

This is in our basement - another unusual space that needed help.

Great for storage or hiding
Home is also extra special when you get sunsets like this from your deck.

No comments: