March 29, 2010

Sweet Times

I'm honored that a number of you missed my blog entries, so without further ado, let me give you a glimpse into our last 2 weeks of life.

During one of our pleasant Spring days, we've wondered into the woods behind our house. While back there, we discovered a grape vine that someone has taped "hand holds" onto so you can swing on it. Noelle finds extreme joy as she daringly swings across the forest floor (2 feet off the ground).

So great is her enthusiasm that she's decided to dig up the tree that the grape vine is on and replant it in our yard so she can have it at her disposal at anytime. I'm guessing the tree is about 45 feet tall, so that may take her a while.

Brad and I were looking for adventure of another kind, so we dropped the kids off with some dear friends and headed to a Bed and Breakfast just outside of Madison, IN. We did exciting things that you can't do with kids - we did some shopping, we took the scenic route, we had a leisurely supper, we soaked in the hot tub and watched the sun set, we watched a movie in bed, we slept in, we had a leisurely breakfast in the sun room, we sat around and read interrupted, we hiked a few miles, we ate a leisurely lunch and headed home. Ahhhhh! That's a great adventure I could repeat again soon.

And here is Sadie - what a character. Have any of you read the children's books about Fancy Nancy? I think she's Sadie's hero.

5 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

Too cute. Fancy Nancy is everywhere these days. When I went to buy underwear for Evie to start potty training, I noticed the Fancy Nancy underwear is right next to Cinderella now.

And I'm trying to be happy for you and not jealous at all of the getaway... :) Looks perfect!

Paulina said...

So glad you're back in the blogging world :)

Lee and Candace said...

Yea!!! Glad you are back too! We just checked out two Fancy Nancy books from the library yesterday! Too cute! So glad you had a good getaway!

Anonymous said...

I have SOOO missed your blog!! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend! Ethan has been talking about Noelle and Sadie so they need some good playtime together too.

Cathryn said...

OK, so I am just catching up on my friends' blogs and had to comment on the Fancy Nancy stuff- Grace is also border-line obsessed with it. There are all sorts of beginner reader books at the library once you get through the original Fancy Nancy books, and I even found stuff for Grace's first official birthday party this year. Lets hope she is still into it in six months. :)

By the way, looks like your weekend away was heavenly. My kind of vacation- relaxed and slow moving. :)