June 2, 2010

Whoopie Pies

I don't know if the rest of the world knows about Whoopie Pies, but if you grew up Mennonite, like I did, any Mennonite girl worth her salt knows how to make Whoopie Pies. I think Nabisco came out with Cakesters recently and although I've never tried one, I think it's a similar concept. I guess they hired a Mennonite Keebler elf.
The girls are very excited about their Whoopie Pies - I make them about every 2 years so I don't think either of them remember them.

Don't ask me where the name came from. I don't know. But it sure is fun to say:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Brad, Dave or Ken have identical theories for the origin of the name...but let's not ask.:-)

The Talberts said...

Yum. I recently saw a cookbook full of recipes for Whoopie Pies. I think it's divided into two sections - one section for the outsides and one section for the filling. I don't think I've ever had one, myself (hint, hint). :)

Rachael Neal said...

What? You grew up Mennonite? Who knew.

Cathryn said...

I love those!! Are they easy to make? I'd love to try my hand at them... We just buy ours every two years at Jungle Jim's. :)