August 3, 2010

Farewell to Aviation Life

This morning the girls and I went along on Brad's trip to Washington D.C. so they could experience flying with Daddy being the pilot. Brad's 10 year career with Comair is wrapping up next week as he says good bye to aviation. On Sept 1st we embark on a new chapter of life in which Brad is the Pastor of Worship at our church, Grace Fellowship.
We're very excited about the career change and we're anxious to see what God has in store for us. Here are some highlights from our memorable trip with Brad today.

Brad and his airplane

Sadie at the controls (she didn't fully appreciate how few people get to sit there)Noelle, swooning over her favorite person

We got an extra treat on the way home. We were given first class seats (which technically you should be at least 6 years old) and the Captain gave us some Belgium chocolates. Sadie was so exhausted that she fell asleep.

Noelle was living it up with her first class goblet and fruit juice.
We've enjoyed the pilot life (mostly), but I'm so proud of Brad's new position in full-time ministry.

When I told Noelle that Brad won't be flying anymore she wisely asked what he would do for a job. I told her he would work at church. She asked what he would do there so I simply said "well he'll have an office and do his music work there." She replied with an incredulous "You mean they're going to pay him to sit in an office and talk to people all day!?!"

9 comments:

Heather said...

Your kids are so cute! Congrats Brad! and the last picture...oh my...so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh yea! I'm so glad you guys got to fly with him! And did you hear about Dave's new ministry change...that came about as a result of our vacation and conversations with his brother? Community Group Leaders, here we come (official apprenticeship)! Wahoo!

running shoes said...

Congratulations!

Paulina said...

Wow, that is a big change! Congratulations Spence Family. I bet it will be nice to have Brad home every night!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the whole family. I heard several times in the office yesterday "really? Brad's leaving? That's a great guy, too bad they're not all like him." or other quotes to that effect. What a great testament to his attitude at work!

The House of Schwartz said...

What a great way to celebrate Dad's last day. May God bless you guys as you take on this new challenge. We are glad to have Brad in the worship pastor position officially.

Lee and Candace said...

I don't know why, but I was like crying reading your post! We are so excited for you guys...Lee especially is excited to be working side by side with Brad! We'll be praying for your transition! How fun to be able to take that kind of a trip with daddy.

the Pie family said...

love it! how fun. congrats to your family on the new journey!

Sally said...

Wow! How exciting for you all! I am so happy for your family (and a little jealous that you are leaving the Comair life behind!) You look so pretty in your pictures! :)