April 28, 2011

Severe Weather

You know you've had a lot of severe weather when you have to check for upcoming warnings before going to the grocery store.  Considering our weather in the last month, you're probably going to get rained on, but it would be good to avoid getting struck by lightening or taken away in a tornado.

Since there was a tornado warning yesterday morning, Noelle got to experience the tornado procedures at school.  All the kids went into the hall, knelt down facing the wall and then lowered their heads with their hands on their heads.  I asked Noelle if she was scared at all.  She said "No, but my back really hurt."  She was relieved that they got to sit up straight after a while.  Since the warning lasted about 20 minutes, a teacher read them a book and they acted out "Going on a Bear Hunt" as they sat on the floor.  Such excitement!  Thankfully it was non-eventful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll tell you...the severe weather is starting to get really old. We left all the crazy storms in KY and came back to VA for a few more...Dave and I were up for a few hours last night watching the tornado warnings for Stephens City and Winchester at 3-4am. Some of the loudest storms I've heard in a while, and amazingly, the boys didn't make a peep.

Ron and Rachel said...

Praise God all was well Janelle!