June 6, 2011

Poop At Its Best

Last week our good friends, the Nordine's, invited us over to share some very rare, gourmet coffee that  Lee's parents had brought with them from the Philippines.  We felt very honored to be chosen for this esteemed treat....well, sort of.

One must wonder..."what makes this coffee so rare and gourmet?"
Well it probably has something to do with where the coffee beans come from.   It's not because they're from some remote jungle filled with man-eating creatures.  It's not because they're from a mountain peak so high that only a small percentage of people can make it there an back alive.  No, it's because they come from cat poop.  Wild Civet poop to be exact.

If you want more details about the coffee beans, here's a brief summary.

All in all, the coffee was pretty average but, more importantly, it didn't smell like poop.  We feel still pretty honored to have shared in the poop-coffee, it's just not something I had high on my 'to-do' list.

4 comments:

Lee and Candace said...

LOL...when I saw your title, I was thinking, "what could this be?" I honestly thought back to when Pastor Brad put that picture of Brad changing Sadie's diaper in church:) Little did I know it would be about us! Haha! Glad you guys could share in the experience...and did you see how much that stuff costs? Whoa! Maybe would should charge people for what we have left:)

Anonymous said...

It's great you have such upscale friends like the Nordine's!

running shoes said...

Hahahahaha!

Susie said...

One of the guys I work with has been offering his poop coffee...I just can't bring myself to partake. ;p