December 4, 2007

"The most beautiful house on the street"


I asked Brad to take a picture of our house all lit up for Christmas and while he was taking the picture, we got the high praise that we have "the most beautiful house on the street." This of course made Brad and me laugh since our house if very plain and we've never been fond of the exterior color-scheme (especially the orange shingles...who came up with that idea?). So while Brad was outside a couple drove by, then backed up to tell him how beautiful they thought our house was. It made me smile and I ask Brad to tell me the story everyday, so I can feel good about our house. It just goes to show what a spotlight can do...and a lot of darkness!

4 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

Hm...maybe we'll try that! :)

Kentucky Kate said...

Does that also work if you need a new paint job, gutters and a roof and deck? If so, I'm all over it!

the Pie family said...

hey- i think it's beautiful too! it sure beats our apartment balcony....i wont even embarrass myself by posting pictures of my poor attempt!

Lee and Candace said...

Great picture guys!