I was very excited to vacuum my dining room floor one final time on Monday...starting tomorrow the carpet in the dining room will no longer exist (carpet in casual dining areas should never exist to begin with, if you ask me).
This week has been a rather spontaneous week of home improvements. 2 weekends ago Brad and I decided it was time to move forward with reflooring our house - something we've been planning for about 2 years now. To complicate things we've been wanting to paint our basement and it only makes sense to paint before getting new carpet.
My mom was extremely gracious to fly from VA to help me paint. I should rephrase that, she was extremely gracious to fly from VA to do all the painting. It looks awesome.
Now we're ready for the next phase: laying tile in the kitchen and dining room. Since my talented and ambitions husband wants to do this himself (with a lot of experienced help), laying tile will be a 3 day project. I'm thinking it might be hard to have 2 preschool children in a house while the refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and dining room table are in the living room and we can't go near the kitchen and dining room so.... we're flying to VA with my mom tomorrow. It should all be a lot of fun until I have to fly back with the 2 of them by myself! What could go wrong? (please don't answer that).
I'll post picture once I return to my lovely palace.
2 comments:
Janelle, You are making a very WISE decision by leaving the house. When Ron and my brother tiled our kitchen floor I stayed and it took about a week cuz they had to put the subfloor down first -can you say nervous breakdown? Between the mess, the lack of cooking areas and the summer heat I almost lost it and on more than one occassion -ENJOY YOUR TRIP :)
Rachel
I can't wait to see the new floor!
I often think of you when I'm wiping mashed banana (or mashed whatever else) off of our dining room floor and I wonder to myself, "What does Janelle do when stuff like this gets in her carpet?
Have a great trip!
Post a Comment