April 18, 2008

Tremors in KY?!

It's an odd sensation to be awaken because your bed is vibrating and the handles on your dresser are chattering against the wood. That's what happened around 5:30 this morning when we had a slight tremor, later discovered to be a result of an earthquake in Illinois. Brad looked at me and said, "Is our bed shaking?" I replied in the affirmative and in less then 10 seconds the whole thing was over.
I didn't think I'd experience such a thing in KY, but it's a good reminder of how powerful God is and how small I am. Nahum 1:5 "The mountains quake before him and the hills melt away. The earth trembles at his presence, the world and all who live in it."

2 comments:

The Talberts said...

I know we already talked about this, but yeah ... I felt it! I thought it was wind. Though it didn't occur to me at that moment how odd it would be that the wind would rattle the picture frames inside our house.

Kentucky Kate said...

Apparently I can wake at a slight baby noise, but can sleep through an earthquake. I knew we were close to a fault line, but I've never experienced one. I reminded me of the "birth pains" in the NT. I've always thought real birth pains feel like an earthquake too.