July 2, 2008

Adventures in Reading

I've read and heard many times how important it is to read to your children, starting at a young age. I'm a firm believer in this and I really enjoy reading to both of the girls. However, when you are told how children can experience so many adventures through books, be ready for the adventures to come to life...as seen by the picture below.
Since this is a washable marker and bath time was only 1/2 hr away, it was a very enjoyable moment.

6 comments:

krissy said...

That's very creative of her. :-) We just rented that one from the library recently too.

Kentucky Kate said...

Oh how funny!

The Talberts said...

Cute! I missed the whole point of the post when I first read this and was going to ask if we could come over and get our chicken pox out of the way too.

kara h said...

Melissa,

We are frightening moms because I was TOTALLY thinking the same thing. If your kids ever get The Pox CALL ME FIRST!! :o)

UmassSlytherin said...

I love this! Now have her read "Freckle Juice" by Judy Blume! :)

running shoes said...

oooo, oooo, call me too!