Every year I help with Vacation Bible School I mentally prepare myself for insanity and every year I'm not disappointed. I'm helping with the 4-year-olds this year and I think a good size class of 4-year-olds would be about 25 kids. I know preschool teachers can handle more, but it seems like you usually have 3-4 high-maintenance kids which eats into your help so for novice teachers, I'd like to have 25. Well, we have 43 kids...a few more then 25.
Lest you feel too bad for me (or I feel bad for myself), I talked with Margie Petri for about 5 seconds before I left and found out she had 67 1st graders...yes 67! God will certainly have to work in miraculous ways if any Truth is to sink in among our semi-organized chaos.
One of my highlights is seeing Katie Nuelsen across the hallway in her 5-year-old class. We encourage each other by making faces at each other. They usually consist of crossed eyes and sticking out our tongues - very mature.
5 comments:
Wow, bless you all for doing that. Due to vacation, I am not joining in the festivities this year. I'll be praying for the kids AND teachers this week.
Oh yes, also the highlight of my day. It helps to see that there is someone else feeling the same as me. And it keeps me from crying ;)
Wow...sounds crazy! That's a lot of little ones!
we have our vbs this week too. i'm in the 5 year olds. fortunately, we have 3 different classes, so we only have 15 at a time. CRAZY STILL! praying for you all!
I am sort of getting heart palpitations just thinking about it. I'm uh ... sorry I couldn't be there to help this year.
Post a Comment