August 10, 2008

New Carpet!!!

Tomorrow is a big day in the Spence household. Tomorrow we're getting new carpet installed in the whole house. This is something we've talked about since the day we moved in -- 5 years ago -- and the time has finally come.
Since our kids have outgrown the spit-up stage, we thought it would be a safe time to invest in new carpet. Don't worry, we think we got a good quality carpet that will handle the occasional spit-up from your kids. I wouldn't be surprised if God allows one of our kids to stain it the first week, just to be sure fresh, spotless carpet isn't an idol.
Check back later in the week to see some before and after pictures!

3 comments:

The Talberts said...

I can't wait to see it! I'm guessing one of my children will be the first to spit up on your carpet. Remember small group at the Richardson's before they had Travis? No matter how big of a blanket I would lay Jacob on, he would scoot his way to the edge and then hurl all over the carpet.

Lee and Candace said...

Hurray! How nice...I'm secretly coveting your new carpet! Maybe in 5 years we'll get ours:)

running shoes said...

ahhh, your carpet has so many memories!
like the apple cider and the stairs incident... ;oP
Does new carpet have a new carpet smell- like a new car would?

Melissa, our carpet was an idol... God used jacob to take care of it- no worries.