October 5, 2008

Spence Fashion

When the girls and I plan to be home most of the day, I let Noelle pick out her own clothes to wear. Sometimes she'll pick out something I wouldn't put together, but it's usually not a big deal and perfectly fine for a trip to the library or grocery store. Today however she chose a red turtle neck and hot pink capris. I let her wear them until it was time to leave the house then I gently told her that red and hot pink don't really go together and I'd like her to put on a pair of jeans.
My mother-in-law has a fashion motto: "It doesn't necessary have to match, it just has to 'go'". I don't think this outfit matches or "goes".

5 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

I was recently told

"you can pull anything off if you wear it with confidence."

I have a feeling Noelle has enough confidence to get by with anything...plus she's so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Well, it "goes" for Valentine's Day! Too bad it's only October!

Lee and Candace said...

I was kind of thinking the same thing as Rachael. I bet in some Fashion Magazine, Noelle could be considered very trendy:)

Anonymous said...

That mother-in-law is one smart fashion maven!
However, on her granddaughter almost anything goes because everything goes with "Sparkle".

krissy said...

One of the things I love about my mother is that she really didn't care what we wore as long as we were decent. If we were going out, the same rules applied but otherwise, there are some serious black mail pictures and a lot of fun memories.