My leaky dishwasher is of the cute nature, namely Sadie. Sadie loves to "wash dishes." She can spend 1/2 hour transferring water from bowls to cups to measuring spoons, all the while getting soaked and soaking the counter, cabinets and floor. It keeps her busy and it keeps that area extra clean.
Elly has a toddler sized kitchen set that we keep in the kitchen so I put a towel on the floor, put a nice thick canvas apron on her (purchased at Hobby Lobby very cheaply, FYI) and let her go to town. The only rule is the she's not allowed to carry the water across the kitchen. I used to let her do that and just use it as an excuse to mop until the day that she slipped like 100 times on water and kept falling. Now all water stays by the kitchen set!
4 comments:
thanks, now i feel guilty for not letting dora do this more often.
:-) I let her help on Christmas day and it was probably her favorite gift!
I'm seeing visions of Isabel helping me with the dishes:) Maybe in a few months:)
Krissy - trust me, I say 'no' to Sadie's request to "wash dishes" more then I say "yes". It really get's messy.
Elly has a toddler sized kitchen set that we keep in the kitchen so I put a towel on the floor, put a nice thick canvas apron on her (purchased at Hobby Lobby very cheaply, FYI) and let her go to town. The only rule is the she's not allowed to carry the water across the kitchen. I used to let her do that and just use it as an excuse to mop until the day that she slipped like 100 times on water and kept falling. Now all water stays by the kitchen set!
Post a Comment