January 28, 2009

Teenagers with Shovels (and other things)

The entrepreneurial teenagers have been out in full force this winter with offers of shoveling our driveway. We don't use their services but they certainly make a good bit of money on many in our neighborhood.

I was entertained for several minutes as I watched a group of 5 teenagers take on our neighbors driveway and in record time had their driveway and steps completely cleared. I was really impressed with their teamwork tactic until I saw fake testicles hanging from the hitch of their pick-up truck. Hmmm, not so impressed anymore.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, Janelle...I think that particular car ornament is very demonstrative of a certain type of boldness that might be desirable in conquering a snow/ice covered driveway. :-)

The Talberts said...

I had to read this twice because I was so shocked that you'd written the word "testicles" on your blog.

Those things make me gag.

Paulina said...

As always, I can count on a good chuckle from reading your blog!

The Talberts said...

Oh my. I re-read my comment and I wanted to clarify that the fake truck testicles are what makes me gag.

krissy said...

The first time I saw those I was with John and I said, "Oh no, why would anyone buy those John? They look just like... you know!" He replied with his you're-so-out-of-it smile, "that's the idea Kris."

Rachael Neal said...

kris - i laughed so hard at your post. i can totally see john's face saying that to you!


HA!