Is the toilet seat ever an acceptable table? Although I wouldn't normally advise this, kids seem to provide many situations that cause me to bend what I would normally think is acceptable.
I had several things planned during Sadie's nap time today. Two of those things being exercise and a shower. Not in my plan was Sadie's desire to take an exceeding short nap. After informing Sadie that it was not time to get up I went downstairs to exercise. After a half hour and she still wasn't back asleep, I decided she could get up and join me in the bathroom while I took a shower. I've learned that you don't allow a 2 year-old have free reign of the bathroom unsupervised so I set up Sadie with a little snack on the toilet seat. I brought in her booster seat so she could sit and snack while enjoy the heat and steam.
I was considering making this a habit when she sweetly said "Here you go Mommy" and handed me my towel when I was all done.
2 comments:
been there, done that.
but it's soooo much more desirable than getting up at 530am!I just can't do it like I did before I was married. I've come to the conclusion that a warm body next to me is impossible to part with before 6. (don't ask about the nights he's away, I'll find an exuse for that too:-)
I once had a roommate who ate while on the toilet. I would constantly find open boxes of gingersnaps and crackers on the back of the toilet. Next to a good book, of course. Sadie's bathroom snack was not nearly as gross as that. Besides - I've been in your bathroom and I wouldn't have a problem eating in there.
Post a Comment