I've been anxious to take advantage of the after Christmas sales and do a little shopping. Noelle and Sadie, however, are not good shoppers. Noelle begs to be in the cart and Sadie begs to be out of the cart. They both think they deserve a snack every 5 minutes for having to endure the torture.
I decided to pray about it - what an idea! During my quiet time this morning I had a revelation - I'm certain it was from God. I made a proposal to Noelle that I would pay her 75 cents to "babysit" Sadie in the store. Noelle lit up and was super excited about her big-girl responsibility. She got her backpack and filled it with activities for Sadie.
Noelle was amazing. While we were in Kohl's she helped Sadie play with a baby doll, read her a book, drew pictures for her on the Etch and Sketch and, with my permission, rewarded Sadie (and herself) with a package of Smarties candy.
I came out of the store with a bag of clothes, 2 happy kids, and my sanity.
I offered Noelle the choice of 3 quarters or dimes and nickels, also equaling 75 cents. She took the dimes and nickles:)
3 comments:
So, do they inherit their feeling toward shopping from their mother? Or maybe it's a Spence child thing because Ethan doesn't seem to enjoy it much either.
That's awesome! I'm definitely stealing that idea someday!
Janelle, you are such a creative parent! I learn so much from being your friend. :) Thanks for another great idea.
Post a Comment