March 9, 2009

Cheesecake and a Massage

Mmmm I love cheesecake, so I decided to make one for my weekly dessert. I've never made a true cheesecake using a spring form pan and therefore do not own one. Jen Richardson graciously lent me hers and I proceeded to make a scrumptious, gooey cheesecake that included a brownie layer, a carmel layer and a cheesecake layer. I'm hoping all that richness will last me for another week.

When I returned the pan to the Richardson's this morning I included 2 peices of the cheesecake. Jen was not home when I dropped off the pan so I hope it was safe to assume Tom would share one of the peices with her. Jen was enjoying a morning at the spa getting a pedicure.

Noelle was very curious to know what a pedicure was. I told her Jen was probably getting a foot massage and having her toenails painted (I've never had one, but I'm pretty sure that's what happens). Noelle stored this information away.

At lunch Noelle looks at me and says "I would like to give you a special priveledge for working so hard at cleaning the house and making cheesecake to give away. I will give you a pedicure." First I had to pick my jaw off the floor since this is not the typical mindset of most 5-year olds, including Noelle. Then I very ethusiastically accepted her offer.

My pedicure was amazingly good considering her, and my, limited knowledge about what we were doing. She drug one of the armed dining-room chairs back the bathroom and had me sit on it. She also brought a blanket to lay across my lap to stay warm and a stool to prop my feet on.

The full treatment included soaking my feet in warm water, washing my feet with a foot scrub sample I had, massaging my feet with lotion (this was more like she was petting the top of my feet, but I'm not complaining) and painting my toenails (it's probably good I won't be wearing sandals too much in the next month).

My favorite part was Noelle's special treatment of gently blowing between my toes after she applied the lotion. It sounds odd, but it's really refreshing - I have no idea where she got the idea. Here are some pictures to capture my beauty treatment.



I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that she wanted the same treatment done to her when she was finished with me. Hmmm...I didn't know there was a catch to my gift.

8 comments:

running shoes said...

Yum!
Your cheesecake was absolutely marvelous!!
Thank you so, so much for sharing. You can use the pan anytime you want ;).

Also, I had not had a pedicure until just before Travis was born, but I highly recommend it, even though I'm no expert- about every 3 years is as frequently I go, you are right on with your description.

What an act of service Noelle performed for you. I can't believe she's so grown up.

Lee and Candace said...

Whatever your parenting secrets are Janelle...I need them!!!

Paulina said...

wow, I would have liked to be eating the cheesecake during the treatment!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what are the chances I can train my two boys to give me pedicures?? Hmmm...maybe we'll have to try for a girl next? But not until after the lake vacation - I want to go in the hot tub!!

The House of Schwartz said...

Too cute! i love it... Weekly pedicures at the House of Schwartz!!!!

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud through this post. I also love that Noelle's luxurious pedicure treatment involved soaking your feet in a mop bucket. That is very Talbert. If we gave pedicures, it would surely involve mop buckets. Also .. this is Melissa even though I'm signed in as Ben. :)

Anonymous said...

My toes are available for practice when you come to visit.

I've seen pictures of Brad doing Noelle's fingernails, so I guess it runs in the family. (I've never seen David with any of these things, but he's very generous in sending you to someone who does.)

Anonymous said...

Great Judy offers her toes as well