July 13, 2009

Fun with Noelle

One evening, shortly before bed, Noelle's hair was still wet so I asked her if she wanted me to bobby pin her hair into little curls so that it would be curly when she woke up in the morning. (Molly, from the American Girls Series did this, so Noelle was familiar with the idea). Noelle was very excited and although I really didn't know what I was doing, I proceeded to tightly twist portions of her hair into rings.
We were both excited when she woke up the next morning to see what our experiment resulted in. Let's just say, she looked a little more like a poodle on a bad hair day, then my sweet little girl.
Her less-then-excited response was, "I don't think this was such a good idea." And then in a more panicked voice "How long until the curls come out?" I reassured her that the curls could come out at any time, but after a little taming her hair was really cute.

In other news, Noelle has become a little fish this summer. Here are 2 new talents she learned just yesterday: Jumping into the pool unassisted and floating on her back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that girl has a lot of hair! She looks so grown up! I'll bet she's looking forward to lots of swimming in the lake this year.

krissy said...

We've experienced hair shock too. :-)

I love the picture of her on her back in the pool, it's really cute. total summer happiness.