On Saturday when the rain finally broke (but still threatened) our family felt like an adventure, so we headed to a park we aren't too familiar with; Devou Park. It was nice to get some fresh air and let the kids run. We attempted a family picture with the skyline in the background, but you can see for yourself how successful that was:
On Sunday Brad and Noelle went on a "date" together. They went rollerskating while Sadie and I hung out at home. The Children's Ministry at church had rented out the rink for 2 hours so we thought this would be a "safe" time for Noelle to try out rollerskating. It also had me reminiscing about the many times our church rented out our local rink during my childhood.
When Brad and Noelle came home I was excited to hear what Noelle thought of her first roller skating experience. Her reply was something like this "I liked the food best." Apparently, once she got the skates on all her confidence and excitement drained away. The evening was saved with a hot dog, popcorn and blue slushy. But overall, it was still a good time spent with Daddy.
With all the rain we've also sprouted a whole bunch of I-don't-know-what. They're in our front flower bed which previously had flowers in. I'm assuming they are Cosmos sprouts (the flowers that we planted there in the summer), but we'll give them a little time just to see what they turn into. We figure they'll get too cold pretty soon.

1 comment:
Tell Noelle that I completely understand. I like low adrenaline activities and would prefer to eat!
Post a Comment