September 17, 2009

Happy Juice and Fat Straws

Simple pleasure make every day a little brighter. This Spring we discovered the generic brand of Crystal Lite. (basically sugar-free Kool-aid) Brad's favorite is the fruit punch flavor. After a few weeks of seeing Brad drink a lot of it, Noelle asked him why he was always drinking the red juice. Brad said it was just a happy drink.
From then on we called this drink "Happy Juice". We've also discovered 2 mixed drinks, using Happy Juice as a mixer - Fresca with Happy Juice and Ice Tea with Happy Juice.

Sadie especially likes the Fresca mixer. She pronounces Fresca as "Sucka" so the official name is "Sucka with Happy Juice".

I'm more of an Ice Tea and Happy Juice kinda girl - due to the caffeine and all.
I also have a fondness for fat straws, which McDonalds excels at. This cup originally contained an iced latte, but I couldn't part with the appealing cup and fat straw so it's been keeping me hydrated with many a drink. Simple, I know.

2 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

That does look appealing. I could use some happy juice and and caffeine from time to time. Like right now... :)

Lee and Candace said...

I got a smoothie from Panera once and they gave me the fattest straw I've ever seen. It was actually hard for me to drink out of it. Maybe you would like it though.