October 1, 2009

"Guess What Animal I'm Thinking Of"

When I need an activity to keep the kids from driving me crazy at the lunch table or in the car...or anywhere really...I will play a game we call "Guess what animal I'm thinking of".

I think of an animal and then the girls, mainly Noelle, has to ask yes-no questions to figure out what the animal is. Here are some sample questions:

Does it have fur?
Does it have 4 legs?
Is it bigger then you?
Have you ever seen one in real life? (rather then in a book)

Recently Noelle has been trying to play this game with Sadie. It's obvious that Sadie doesn't quite "get it", but the results are very humorous. Here are 2 examples:

Noelle: Sadie lets play "Guess What Animal". You think of an animal and I'll guess it.
Sadie: Ok
N: Does it have 4 legs?
S: No.
N: Does it have 2 legs?
S: No
N: Does it have 3 legs?
S: Yes.
N: Is it a spider?
S: Yes!!

Even funnier is the fact that Noelle didn't see anything wrong with this and thought they'd had a great game.

Sample 2
Noelle: Sadie you think of an animal and I'll try to guess it
S: OK
N: Does it have 4 legs?
S: No
N: Does it have 2 legs?
S: No
N: Does it have any legs?
S: No
N: Is it bigger then you?
S: No
(at this point I thought Sadie was just saying No to everything, so I tried to trick her)
Me: Is it smaller then you?
S: Yes
(okay so much for my theory)
N: Is it a cupcake?
S: YES!!!

Ummm, isn't this game called "Guess What Animal I'm Thinking of"? Again, Noelle and Sadie seemed perfectly pleased with their accomplishment.

2 comments:

The Talberts said...

ha. How cute! I guess if it works for them ... ;)

Lee and Candace said...

Oh my...that's so funny!