...You're daughter asks you if you have any magical powers
...And you quickly respond "Yes, I can fly."
...And she believes you (suspiciously)
After I confessed my supernatural ability to fly Noelle had a few questions for me:
N: Why have I never seen you fly?
Me: My super powers only work when no one is looking
N: Do you have wings?
Me: No.
N: Since I'm your daughter, why can't I fly?
Me: You probably can't until you're older
N: How old are you?
Me: 34
N: When I'm 34 I'll try to remember to see if I can fly
Me: You do that
Noelle asked several times, "Can you REALLY fly?" I simply told her it's good for mommies to have a few mysteries so that the kids are kept guessing.
In all seriousness...If you're looking for a fun chapter book for your little girls, I recommend "Fiona and Frieda's Fairy Tale Adventures" by Nadia Higgins. It helps if your kids know how the real fairy tales go since this is a twist on the real story.


2 comments:
This cracks me up! I think I'm going to keep my eye on you on vacation to see if I can catch you flying. ;-)
hahahaha!!!
This is fantastic. I like it when she said that she'd "try to remember to see if she can fly when she's 34."
Like being in your 30's is soo old she can't possibly fathom it?!
Hilarious!
Post a Comment