April 27, 2010

Oh, Hello There!

Last week I was planting some seedlings and I needed a few small pots. I have several pots nested together on our deck so I grabbed the top one, only to discover someone decided nested pots is a good place to build a nest. A mama wren has carefully made a cozy home for her 5 little eggs.
Anytime I need another pot, I find myself talking to the mama wren, explaining what I'm doing and that she has nothing to fear, I just need to get a few things near her nest. She looks at me rather suspiciously, but we seem to have a pretty good relationship...it must be a mama thing.

1 comment:

The Talberts said...

Very sweet of you, Janelle. Nothing at all like Ben plopping his discovered eggs on our kitchen counter.

I loved your last post, by the way. I kept forgetting to go back and comment. Very good advice. I always find myself saying, "Not now. But later ..." and then feeling guilty for breaking promises. Thanks for the wisdom. :)