October 5, 2010

Ahh, Fall


Fall is just a wonderful time of year.
Cozy sweatshirts
Fires burning
Golden sunlight
Crisp, dry weather
Flickering candles
And lots of baking
This is the time of year I bake a lot and I love to make as many things as possible with pumpkin and some of my favorite spices.


So far this year we've had pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins and a pumpkin bundt cake.  The muffins and cake were new recipes and definitely keepers. (if you try try the muffins, increase the pumpkin to 1 cup.  If you try the cake, check it after 45 minutes of baking)


Today I mixed up Molasses Cookies with my cute helper.  Chewy Molasses Cookies with homemade applesauce...mmm..mmm.

Sweet Rewards for a good helper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...yum. I'm drinking coffee with pumpkin spice creamer right now and have plans to make pumpkin spice bagels from my latest issue of Taste of Home Healthy Cooking.

Yes, Blogger is a huge pain with the pictures. I changed to the more advanced tool bar and it seems to be a little easier...sometimes. Cute blog design.

Ron and Rachel said...

Oh Janelle your making me hungry and its cold in my house too so turning on the oven sounds ....delightful! Problem is if I bake it will be all eaten up before Anna and Ron get home!