March 1, 2011

My Impulse Buy

When I was at Kroger the other day this fruit called out to me.  I just had to buy it.  It was plump and shiny and very appealing.  So for $.99, I thought I'd try it.
It's a Pummelo (maybe you all know that).  I added the battery to the picture for a reference point.  Once I was home with my impulsively purchased fruit I thought I'd better do a little research to find out what the heck I just bought.

So I googled it and was directed to a video.  A video for a fruit?  Well this video proved to be very helpful.  Once you uncover the fruit beneath it's thick shell and pulp and more pulp, it's quite tastey...a little like a very mild grapefruit.

So if you'd like a fruit adventure, grab one and gather around the computer for a little tutorial before you dive in.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Cool! Fruit adventures!
A guy at the next table in Sunday School peeled and ate a grapefruit like an orange and I was all like, "You can do that?!"

Cathryn said...

Janelle, I love you. Your impulse buy at the grocery store is a 99 cent piece of fruit. You always inspire me to do better! :)

Lee and Candace said...

They have these in the Philippines. I bought one here awhile back after we had had one there. I must admit it didn't taste the same as in the Philippines. Still a cool fruit though.