August 6, 2008

One-upmanship Prayer Requests

I'm not sure if the kids in Noelle's Sunday School class try to out-do each other with prayer requests, but I recently overheard this conversation as Noelle was playing "Sunday School."

Noelle as the teacher: "OK, raise your hand if you have a prayer request."

Noelle as child #1: "My mom can't hear very well."

Noelle as child #2: "My mom can't hear OR talk very well."

Noelle as child #3: "My mom doesn't have legs."

4 comments:

krissy said...

That is so funny! Your comments on Noelle make me excited for Dora to grow up. John Patrick's comments usually revolve around when he eats next, how great his dad is or just plain boy sound effects. ;-)

The Talberts said...

Ha! I've got to quit reading your blog while it hurts to laugh.

crystal said...

I'm surprised I've never noticed this "Mommy" at church before. Yes, Noelle we should definitely pray for a Mommy with no legs;-)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Oh, she cracks me up!