August 10, 2008

Sadie's Words

It's so fun to hear Sadie try out new words. It's such a joy to have her tell me a word in her 19-month-old language, have me guess a dozen things until I get it right, and see her face light up because mommy finally figured it out.
Sadie does not say "Mommy" or "Noelle." (Apparently she doesn't feel the need to honor me in that way just because I gave birth to her and have nurtured her everyday since - not that I'm bitter or anything). However a few nights ago we were trying to get her to say "Noelle."
So we would say "Sadie, say Noelle. Noelle." (we hoped repeating it would help it stick) She looked at Noelle and said what sounded like "Butt." Noelle took it very well and said matter-a-factly "Well, I do have a butt."

5 comments:

Paulina said...

I love your blogs. They always make me laugh out loud! And Noelle has to be the funniest 4 year old I know. Enjoy the new carpet!

Kentucky Kate said...

How very diplomatic of Noelle!

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you're blogging about this because it will be great when Noelle is older to hear all the hilarious things she said when she was little!

krissy said...

Hang in there, John Patrick didn't say "mom" until he was almost 2 1/2and even then it started as "bom" but now I love to hear it!
I agree that Noelle is the funniest 4 year old I know!

running shoes said...

ahhh, your carpet has so many memories...like the apple cider and stair incident... ;0P
Does new carpet have a new carpet smell, like a new car has a smell?

Melissa, our carpet was an idol...God was using Jacob to take care of it- no worries