April 8, 2009

Easter Eggs

Last night we decorated Easter eggs. We took a new approach this year and used small squares of tissue paper instead of dye. I read somewhere that if you use water to stick tissue paper to an egg, once the paper dries and falls off, the dye from the tissue paper remains.
We had a lot of fun making the eggs and it was much more interactive then past experiences of staring at an egg sitting in a cup of dye. After refrigerating the eggs over night, I peeled off a piece of tissue paper to see how much dye stays behind. We must have gotten low-dye tissue paper because you really can't see anything. Sooo, our eggs will remain with a stain-glass look, which is just fine by me.

Noelle's half-decorated egg

This is what you get when you tell Sadie to "Smile and show some teeth"
By far, the best looking of the bunchOur finished project

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the dye in the tissue paper was toxic and it went into Sadie instead of the eggs!

I think you should do this every year. Much better than dying which isn't as much fun. Keep the tissue, I have another great project.