April 28, 2009

No, We're Not Potty Training...and you can't make me!

Sadie, encouraged by her older sister, will often times ask to go to the potty. I thought this was a good thing, but I didn't really want to start potty training until it looked like it was more then a novelty.
Well recently she's been asking more frequently and there's been a few times her diaper has been dry. Normally a parent would be excited about this. The problem is that we're going to VA in a few days to attend "The Apple Blossom Festival." Our hometown shuts down and they have a parade on Friday evening and a really big one on Saturday afternoon. There's also a 10k that Brad, his dad and brother will be running in and we'll want to be there to cheer them on.

If any of you have potty trained, you know that children do not wait for opportune times to announce they have to go potty...even if you had them go a short time ago when it was convenient. I really don't want to interrupt all our festivities to find a grossly disgusting port-o-potty that she may, or may not use.

Now when Sadie asks to go to the potty I half-heartedly say "No, we're not potty training right now and you can't make me!" then I take her to the potty.

2 comments:

Margie Petri said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one doing that!

kara h said...

Dang, I meant to comment before you went on vacation and now you're back and I totally missed it. I'll comment anyway: vacations were when I used pull-ups. If we make it to a bathroom that's not disgusting, good; if we don't: USE THE PULLUP!