September 10, 2009

A Work in Progress

Brad has a good bit of time off this month and Behr paint was on sale at Home Depot last week. The combination has put us into "project" mode. Unfortunately we are completely inept at picking paint colors. So the paint sale has come and gone and our house has become a paint palette.

After sampling 4 Behr paints and still needing something just a little different, I went to a local paint store and got some personal help. The "paint man" was so generous to loan us his entire color wheel. NOW I think I know what we're getting...you'll just have to come back for the "after" picture. (yes, I know the picture of the girls is sideways. I'm waiting on a good family picture to put there. It could take a while)

Here's Brad's project. This use to be the nursery and it will become the guest room. There's a lot of patching that needed to be done here.
And since the mattress and box-spring are out of the guest room, Brad created a little fort for the girls to play in while we're busy with our projects. We just set the mattress on top of 2 cabinets in the basement and...instant fort. They added the accessories - sleeping bags, books, etc...

3 comments:

running shoes said...

looks like a picasso ;0) the greens look great!
good to talk to you this morning.

Lee and Candace said...

I can't wait to see the results. The last two time we've bought paint, We've had to take it back to get it "fixed." I hate picking out paint. We've painted our bathroom twice since we've lived here and I still don't love it...It's going to need a change soon. I hope all goes well.

Cathryn said...

I don't know what you went with, but I love the green (shocking, I know). Happy painting!