September 21, 2010

Sadie Can Drive

On the way back from Kroger today Sadie informed me that she knows how to drive and she wanted to know how old she had to be before she started driving.  I told her she had to be 16 and she has to be tall enough to reach the pedals.  Sadie's reply was, "What pedals?"...maybe she's not quite ready.

This summer I wrote down a bunch of words Sadie still says incorrectly.  They are so cute, so I usually don't correct her.  Just in the past several weeks she learned the correct pronunciation so I'll document them here so I don't forget.

becept = except
bemember = remember
shnarshnellow = marshmallow
snoot snack = fruit snack
orport = airport
eatmeal = oatmeal
ogurt = yogurt
berry  = very
pupcake = cupcake
foots = feet
my ok = I'm ok
wet's go = let's go
scunscreen = sunscreen
scunday school = Sunday school

And my 2 favorite
Sucka = Fresca
Pudge = Fudge (self-fulfilling prophecy)

3 comments:

The Talberts said...

How cute! I love these in my kids, too. Your list just reminded me that Jacob used to say "percept" instead of "except", but he must say it correctly now because I haven't noticed him saying it in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Cute...I think my favorites are "Shnarshnellow" and "snoot snack". And of course, "sucka". :)

Marina said...

Awww! Natalie says 'pupcake' too!!! My girls also loved to get some chicken maggots at Old MacDonald's and visit Miss Worms at the church office.