May 18, 2010

Friend's Zoo Pass = Cool Mom

Noelle didn't have school today and thanks to Stephanie Fister and her totally awesome zoo pass, I got to be the cool mom that had a totally awesome day planned. The girls and I went with Stephanie and her two boys, Luke and Samuel, to the Cincinnati Zoo for the day. Despite the occasional drizzle, it was our best zoo experience yet...the animals were actually moving! (shocking, I know!)

This was one of Noelle's favorite animals; a cockatoo
that could say a few words. (It's the white thing in the tree above our heads)

Merry-Go-Round ride thanks to Stephanie's totally awesome zoo pass.
Noelle is on a hummingbird and Sadie is on the ever-so-speedy manatee

Noelle and Luke in the rain forest mistSadie, Noelle and Luke studying the map - aren't they cute?

Samuel, in deep conversation with a monkeyMe and the girls on the train - thanks to Stephanie's totally awesome zoo pass (see a theme?)
Stephanie and I both wore red shirts over long-sleeve white t-shirts. I thought it would be cute to get a picture of the two of us together in our coordinating outfits. Note to self: Never get a picture with Stephanie (who is about a size -2) unless there is a large land mammal in the background. Otherwise YOU look like the large land mammal.

4 comments:

Paulina said...

Whatever miss jazzercise! you look beautiful :) looks like everyone had fun!

Anonymous said...

I second Paulina's comment but add, "whatever Miss I-Don't-Have-To-Do-Weight-Training-But-Have-Naturally-Totally-Awesome-Muscular-Arms". :-)

Looks like you guys had fun! Good job being the cool mom!

krissy said...

hahahahaha! That is funny Janelle. I think I woke sleeping children laughing.
We just got a totally awesome zoo pass and went for the first time today. Let's try to go together sometime. (as incentive, I'm now sporting the preggo middle so you won't need the other large land mammals.)

Janelle S said...

Krissy,
that sounds like a 'totally awesome' offer. Noelle's last day of school is June 4th and then we have some down time before vacation at the end of June. We'd love to go - even if it's for a few hours.
Janelle